What a Party saver! No matter who you invite, family or friends, this will be your biggest cooking success for a long time. People will literally ask for the recipe, all the details and if there is more left in the kitchen! This easy tasty meatloaf is very easy to make under one hour with all ingredients available readily in every store around. It qualifies as an easy dinner meal anytime.
Equipment you will need:
Meatloafs are popular throughout the world, with each country having a speciality either in ingredients or the way they are made. Sometimes they do contain inner fillings of eggs or sausages. Our recipe is a bit lighter and therefore also healthier. For more details on the various meatloaf styles check out the Wikipedia Meatloaf page.
Serve this spectacular simple meatloaf with homemade mash potatoes and steamed green beans! You don’t need to thank us, just enjoy it with a smile and share it with your loved ones 🙂
Recommended wines for this recipe :
1) White: Chardonnay (partially oaked, dry) from California, USA
2) White: Riesling (medium-dry) from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany
3) Red: Cabernet Sauvignon (oaked, dry) from Simonsberg-Stellenbosch, South Africa
How many hours of exercise does it take to burn it off?
382 calories per serving of easy tasty meatloaf
average adult height of 5 feet 4 inches (165 cm) with average weight of 166 pounds (75 kgs)
Bicycling at a self selected pace —-> 53 minutes
Walking, 4.0 Mph at very fast pace —-> 73 minutes
Running, 10 Mph (6 Min/Mile) —-> 28 minutes
Badminton, Social Singles/Doubles —-> 66 minutes
Questions we get about easy tasty meatloaf
1.Can you make meatloaf without an egg? You can use egg substitues to make a meatloaf without eggs, however, all commercial egg substitues in any form contain egg yolks and therefore if you have egg alergies, this will not work. Instead, use water and oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of each for each egg called in the recipe. Other alternative is to use mayonnaise, however, mayonaise usually contains eggs or commercial egg substitutes.
2.What to have with meatloaf ? As you can see in the easy tasty recipe gallery, the mealoaf is great with mashed potatoes or any type of potatoes and some vegetables too, like carrots, beans.
3.How do you make the meatloaf moist? If you overbake the meatloaf, it will go dry, so you have to watch the time of baking. We are calling for 30 minutes at 375 F and this is just enough for the meatloaf to be tasting great. What helps is to amply brush the bbq sauce on the meatloaf and do this even half time during the baking process, even on the bacon covered meatloaf. The bacon on the top of the meatloaf also greatly contributes to the moisturing of the meatloaf, as it is releasing juices that slowly penetrate the meatloaf.
4. How do you moisten a dry meatloaf ? Once refrigerated, the meatloaf usually dries a bit. The solution is to cut it in serving pieces and spread the meatloaf gravy on the bottom of the reheating vessel and as well on the top of the cut meatloaf pieces. Then reheat for a short period of time.
5. Can I reheat meatloaf ? Meatloaf can be reheated, but you have to watch that you do not reheat for too long, as it will usually dry the meatloaf. Use the meatloaf gravy on top and bottom to keep it still moist.